Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme Training 8th and 9th May 2017.
Follow us on twitter @mertonct for latest tweets and pictures.
Welcome to Merton Community Transport
Merton Community Transport (MCT) is a local charity providing innovative, flexible and accessible transport solutions to affiliated organisations and individuals in Merton and surrounding districts. MCT, by providing affordable transport services, helps to achieve social change in our community.
- MCT promotes excellence by providing accessible minibuses, MPV's, a Mobility Van, Scootability (Shopmobility) scooters, electric powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs. MCT provides MiDAS training, voluntary support, information and advice signposting on transport accessible issues.
- MCT provides safe, accessible, cost-effective, flexible transport run by the community for the community showing what can be done when people take responsibility for solving their own problems. It mobilises and engages local communities and, as a charity, harnesses the experience and energy of volunteers who give freely of their time to help others.
- MCT is about freedom and fairness of opportunity. It provides an essential, responsive service for a wide range of people - often the most vulnerable in society. These are people who cannot use or do not have access to cars, taxis or buses and who depend on MCT to get the services and the social activities they require.
- MCT is a lifeline to many residents. It takes disabled people to work, children to school, sick people to healthcare and older people to the shops. MCT provides transport to a wide range of clubs, voluntary bodies and care homes, and run local Dial-A-Ride services supporting TFL. We are looking to provide a community car scheme, community bus routes and NHS non-emergency patient transport services.
- MCT makes it happen and are always forward thinking, seeking out new ways to best serve our community.Extracts from CTAUK media report on CTs
Our Mission Statement
- To provide relief to the inhabitants of the London Borough of Merton and its surrounding districts who have need because of age, physical or sensory impairment, or poverty
- To provide and maintain a non-profit community transport service; and to assist the charitable work of organisations and bodies engaged in promoting the relief of such persons described above.
|Click here to Log In|