Merton Community Transport is launching a new Volunteer car scheme.
Our goal is to enable and encourage people who have difficulty using existing public transport services to carry on with their routines by providing essential, cost effective transport—helping them to lead healthier and more active lives.
Can you give some time using your own car, alternatively MCT’s MPV to transport a person locally? We will arrange training and ensure that all the administration is in place. You can give your time around your other commitments. Expenses will be reimbursed
The only restrictions are that you must be 21 or over and hold a full UK drivers’ license for a minimum of 2 years with a maximum of 3 penalty points.
For further information contact John Wolohan
Telephone - 0208 640 1001.
Email - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Merton Community Transport held its Annual General Meeting
5th December 2013.
The AGM was quite productive, the Deputy Mayor of Merton and Councillors were in attendance. Reports were produced by the board and various staffs, whilst members of the organisation complimented the service MCT provides to the community. In addition, there was also the oppurtunity to network with community groups, directors and friends.
Welcome to Merton Community Transport
Merton Community Transport (MCT) is a local charity providing innovative, flexible and accessible transport solutions to affiliated organisations and individuals in Merton and surrounding districts. MCT, by providing affordable transport services, helps to achieve social change in our community.
- MCT promotes excellence by providing accessible minibuses, MPV's, a Mobility Van, Scootability (Shopmobility) scooters, electric powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs. MCT provides MiDAS training, voluntary support, information and advice signposting on transport accessible issues.
- MCT provides safe, accessible, cost-effective, flexible transport run by the community for the community showing what can be done when people take responsibility for solving their own problems. It mobilises and engages local communities and, as a charity, harnesses the experience and energy of volunteers who give freely of their time to help others.
- MCT is about freedom and fairness of opportunity. It provides an essential, responsive service for a wide range of people - often the most vulnerable in society. These are people who cannot use or do not have access to cars, taxis or buses and who depend on MCT to get the services and the social activities they require.
- MCT is a lifeline to many residents. It takes disabled people to work, children to school, sick people to healthcare and older people to the shops. MCT provides transport to a wide range of clubs, voluntary bodies and care homes, and run local Dial-A-Ride services supporting TFL. We are looking to provide a community car scheme, community bus routes and NHS non-emergency patient transport services.
- MCT makes it happen and are always forward thinking, seeking out new ways to best serve our community.Extracts from CTAUK media report on CTs
Our Mission Statement
- To provide relief to the inhabitants of the London Borough of Merton and its surrounding districts who have need because of age, physical or sensory impairment, or poverty
- To provide and maintain a non-profit community transport service; and to assist the charitable work of organisations and bodies engaged in promoting the relief of such persons described above.
|Click here to Log In|